Friday, November 20, 2009

The Amazing Smile List

This time instead of posting about random smile events (because I failed to keep a list) I’m just going to talk about two things…

First, having elementary school class photos posted on Facebook! Oh my goodness, did this bring back memories and so many smiles and laughs. So crazy! But it’s hilarious that even though it is so embarrassing, or perhaps because it is so embarrassing, everyone is commenting with all these old memories from our elementary days! I’m absolutely loving it… so much fun J

 

Second is today. Had a wonderful day, full of tons and tons of smiles. Spent the entire day with great friends – went with Hillary to Shimonoseki to visit Taka and Aki. What a blast! Cracked up making fun of Taka’s pronunciation of ‘bus’… love their little girl Mika – absolutely adorable! She wouldn’t take her eyes off me at first… and it wasn’t because she liked me! Taka randomly asked ‘What’s the stupidest thing we did in seminary?’ and I answered without a half-second hesitation, ‘Boxing!’ WHAT were we thinking?? Oh, so many good laughs.

 

What is it about reminiscing about old times that makes us feel so good – even when the memories are embarrassing?! How crazy is that? How wonderful to have such memories though. Love it. Absolutely love it.

 

I said two, but here’s a third… Unconditional love and forgiveness. Amazing that God provides them for us, and even gives people here on earth special grace to administer those to others in times of need. Absolutely amazing. I am a blessed man.

2 comments:

  1. I waited so patiently until today (officially 2 weeks since your last post) to start pestering you... and then you ended up mentioning it on your own today so now this comment isn't nearly as fun as I wanted it to be! :P

    But, I will still pester you... what else do you have to do tonight anyway?? (Besides study for you test tomorrow?!) :P

    Just teasing... I'm sure your smile list will be worth the wait as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. タカには女の子がいるのか。知らなかったな。女の子はかわいいね。セミナリーでは、Bobbyの部屋まで行ったよねー。千葉の地図があったのが、たのもしかったな。ボクシング今度はまぜてね。

    ReplyDelete