Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I think I'm in love...

I can't hardly believe how much fun I'm having on this bike! I mean, I enjoyed riding around at the driving school, but now that I'm out on the 'open road' it's just a whole different world. And seriously, it's just FUN! (Don't worry, safety always comes first...) I just wish now that I'd have taken my SRL camera instead of the dinky one...
Hirao makes up the western side of a peninsula that runs north and south. Even though I've lived here for 2 years and seen signs (well, a sign :))for the Murotsu Skyline running along the mountains down the center of the peninsula, I've never ventured out there before. You know, it's just like growing up outside of DC and not going into town to see the Smithsonian museums, the White House, the Monument or the memorials. Well, now that I have this bike, I've got a reason to run along the skyline... So that's what I did this afternoon. Man, it was so refreshing! The road winds around the mountains, up and down... and there's nobody else out there. It's mostly wooded, but there are some places where you can see out over the sea. Today it was hazy, so the view wasn't great... but it's always beautiful. I love the water here because there are so many islands everywhere. I decided to ride back along the coast... again, simply beautiful - just too quick! :) I can't believe I live less than a half hour from all these natural wonders. God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment