Sunday, February 22, 2009

Tigers?? No...

So my brother Skyped me last night and said my nephew Drew wanted to ask me a question.
The question... Do you have tigers in Japan? :)
He was apparently suddenly overcome with fear that I was going to be eaten by a tiger! How cute.
So he asked what kind of animals we have in Japan. And of course I said, "We've got big, scary tigers!" :) He said to his daddy, "See, I told you!!" and was jumping all over the room. So cute.
Seriously though, of course we don't have tigers. We do have monkeys though, which are apparently pretty dangerous. I've only seen them a couple of times, and not near my home, though I've heard they are around. They'll steal your food and anything shiny (like a camera)... so it's better just to stay clear. I've heard though that you are pretty likely to see them if you head up certain mountain roads.
So of course, I can't wait for the weather to warm up a little and take my bike up into the mountains! Surely I can outrun them if they start throwing rocks at me, right??

2 comments:

  1. Sure, we have a tiger around us!
    I thought his name was something like, BASCO.
    Oh, was he just a dog barks scary like a tiger??

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, yeah, THAT tiger is still around!

    ReplyDelete