Sunday, September 20, 2009

More Smiles

We’ll see if I can keep this going… I tried to keep a list this week of smiles, but I know there were a lot more than this… I’m going camping this week with my hilarious teammates, so maybe I’ll have plenty to report on next week J

This week’s smiles included…

Finding a lost Bible, and remembering all the unnecessary drama that came with it.

A certain teammate’s look of shock nearly any time any of the rest of us open our mouths.

An English student bringing us an electric fly swatter… a hot pink fly swatter at that!

My brother referring to the naming of my niece as a ‘fiasco’…

An English student accidentally calling ‘elementary school’ a ‘mental school’. Actually, it wasn’t really an accident; she meant it… and we were too busy trying not to laugh to correct her.

Thinking of being an uncle again.

 

What made you smile this week?

6 comments:

  1. I volunteered for AmeriCorps*NCCC for two years. During that time I always used to say that "I worked for Smiles". Hopefully those were not the best years of my life b/c I am hoping the future will bring forth great years beyond. I will tell you that the smiles brought forth from my years volunteering were the best years of my life thus far. I smile earned is a pay check and more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the 'shocked-mouth-face' trend will stick after I'm gone... You know you'll miss it!

    I don't think there was an 'us' intended for that hot pink fly swatter... it was definitely intended just for YOU, our professional fly killer :) I got my bag, and you got a fly swatter! Perhaps she knew how much you'd love a pink addition to your home! : P

    I had forgotten about the 'mental school' comment! it made me laugh again when I read it tonight! I'm glad it happened as she was going out the door so I could get a proper laugh about it after she was out of earshot!

    I want to hear about this 'fiasco' sometime!

    thanks for sharing your smile list... it made me smile too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rob, jobs that come with smiles are great, aren't they? Seeing someone smile is enough to makes a person's day. Perfectly simple!
    Hillary, you'll be back soon enough to show us your shocked-mouth-face. That one should stick around for a while. No lack of shock here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. if I keep bugging you in various places, will you post your smile list for this week??!! : P
    Teasing you makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Obviously your bugging is not quite enough :) I'm finally getting to email seriously for the first time in like a week... so who knows, maybe there will be a blog update in the near future, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmm maybe I need to work on that! what if I start leaving you comments and filling up your inbox every day until you actually post?! Is that enough bugging? :P Your list better be good and long now!
    (I'm such a patient girl aren't I?!)

    ReplyDelete