Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Things to write home about...

Okay, so I’ve sort of failed on the weekly smile list thing… I have sort of been keeping a list, but actually posting it is another story… Here are some things from the last few weeks that have made me laugh and smile… stuff to write home about…

 

Getting bugged to write a smile list. And not doing it. Haha, should being mean really make me smile?!

Being 30 but feeling like I’m 12… or 5. J

Going camping, and enjoying it enough to want to go back!

A Japanese guy pointing at a picture of me and asking “What’s this?”

Buying a five-year planner (diary) so I can write down what I do each day and see what I was doing in years past (assuming I keep it up for more than a year!)

Notes from friends that let you know they care, and are listening.

Watching a guy solve a Rubik’s Cube in less than two minutes, blindfolded!

Making middle-aged Japanese women giggle.

Leisurely dinners.

Typhoons!

The beautiful weather after a typhoon or hurricane passes!

Pictures, and gardening.

Example sentences in my Japanese book:

“I thought I couldn’t live without you; but since we got married, I realize I’m fine on my own.” (Ouch!)

“I’m not asking you to write like a calligrapher, but you at least need to write in a way that can be read!”

 

Who knew studying Japanese could be so much fun!

 

 

7 comments:

  1. You did it!! You did it!! :) Thanks for finally posting your list... you know you liked it and now you're glad you did it aren't you?! I like what you called this one!

    first of all... "mean"?? Obviously you must have had other people bugging you to post because I am certainly not a mean person! ;)(Can I use my shocked-circle-mouth-face here?)

    those are some really funny quotes from your textbook! I thought Japanese people weren't direct!

    Thanks again for doing this... it really does make me smile too! Keep them coming!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Hillary, you are not mean... What I meant was that I was mean for not doing it - and that made me smile :) Okay, it's your turn for a list now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah ok, I get it! (sorry, I'm a little slow sometimes!)
    I forgot to ask where you bought this 5 year planner... I don't think I've ever seen one for 5 years ahead! Is it really thick?
    My list is coming... but you have to wait till Saturday for it... that's my "list day"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My last comment should have said you aren't mean, but you are defensive. I heard a little Cinderella mouse voice in your earlier comment...
    The 5 year planner came from Tsutaya, right by your apartment (the book store)... I think they even had 10 year ones! They're not as big as you would expect... I really like it - sad though that I have to wait till Jan1 to use it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha! who me?? defensive?? Never!! :P
    funny how a Cinderella mouse voice can even come out over the computer! Boy our team sure has created a lot of inside jokes now haven't we?!

    a 10 year planner??!! wow! I have certainly never seen one of those! You'll have to show me yours if you remember... I'm curious to see how it's laid out. I was just thinking last night as I was flipping through my day planner that I have to buy a new one soon... but I'm thinking more along the lines of pocket size like I have now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow -- I guess the Japanese are atleast straight shooters. No games?
    I was just thinking that while we are both 30, I feel 30 and you look it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Bran, I think...
    Actually, the Japanese don't sat things straight like that, which is why it's that much more funny!

    ReplyDelete