Friday, October 23, 2009

Don't think that pestering me will always get you what you want...

“A joyful heart is good medicine” – from the Bible

These words are so true… and recently my heart is simply full of joy.

Life is good!

 

Some of my recent smiles and laughs include…

 

Being stalked. Yes, this makes me smile. Only because it’s not real though. Real stalking is not cool. Don’t do it.

The starry night sky – it’s simply amazing! Especially when you can see fireballs flying around in every direction up there… That and looking at the vastness of the ocean reminds me of God’s power perhaps more than anything else.

Hummingbirds. I didn’t even know they lived here in Japan… but sure enough, I saw two only days apart. One of them was at my place, and I smiled and laughed at him a little when he tried to suck the sweetness out of the very colorful but wooden flower-shaped decorations I have placed around the garden. So cute. Oh yeah, and the dollar store makes me smile.

Working with people who love the Lord and desire to grow in their knowledge of and love for Him.

A certain someone (I will definitely refrain from naming names this time!) who sneezed in her hand and then licked it up, not wanting to wipe it on her pants! I laughed so hard!

Words of encouragement coming so frequently that you can actually start to believe they are true J

Fall. Love it. The weather is simply great. Love it.

And photos, too. I started to remember how much I enjoy taking pictures this week… It’s been too long!

 

I know it’s a short list! It’s not comprehensive – I’m not very good yet about writing things down so I can remember to write about them here. I will (try) to work on it though. Your patience brings me joy J

Have a blessed weekend! Love the Lord with all you have…

Bobby

7 comments:

  1. Is this blog title directed to me??! I must be mistaken though... it can't be for me because I don't pester, I just give friendly reminders!
    where is that verse?
    I'm jealous that you saw hummingbirds!
    I think we should start keeping track to see who spends more money at the dollar store every week! (You'd probably win though!)
    Don't worry about your list being too short... I guess I have set the bar pretty high hey?! I would enjoy reading it even if there was only 2 things on it because it's fun to hear about things that make people happy! I find that even though I forget lots of what I want to add to my list, it's still a good habit to be in to be intentionally thinking about what God gives me to make me smile!
    I think maybe it's good that this 'certain someone' doesn't read your blog... You'd probably get in trouble!
    Hope you have a blessed weekend too! thanks for the smile list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is this Hillary?? Do I know you?
    The joyfull (note Japanese spelling) heart comes from Prov. 17:22.
    I definitely would NOT win the $store contest! I'm offended at even the thought!
    And trust me, if 'certain someone' were reading this, I would not have included it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, you might know me... I'm that clumsy foreign girl you see almost every day... sometimes I hang out at the church... sometimes we bump into eachother at the dollar store... nice to meet you, I'm Hillary.

    pssshht! I bet if we asked the clerks who they saw more, we'd be about the same!

    ReplyDelete
  4. whatever! maybe the clerks here in Hirao would say that because that's the only one I ever go to... but you frequent about 87 others as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 87??!!! yeah right... you're so dramatic! I don't have a car so the one in Hirao is the only one I go to too! (I only go the the one in Yanai when Teresa has to buy something and I only go to the ones in Hikari when I'm with you!) I still think we're pretty even! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. today's the day!! I get to start 'pestering' you because it's been 2 weeks!
    so...... how's that smile list coming??!! :P

    ReplyDelete