Thursday, April 1, 2010

I'm getting married!

Yep, that’s right! I’m getting married!

Hillary Anne Timmons is the most wonderful woman I have ever met, and I am just beside myself that yesterday she said yes when I asked her to marry me. We’re getting married!

Yesterday started out rainy, but soon cleared off and turned out to be a gorgeous sunny day here in Winnipeg… and warm, too! Not the norm for up here at this time of year I understand J So we made a picnic lunch and went to the Forks, a historical park area here in Winnipeg by the river where her family goes ice skating in the winter (most of the ice has melted off the river now). We sat down on the bank of the river with the geese and enjoyed a quiet lunch… There were quite a few people around, but we were in our own world. I had written a picture storybook for Hillary about us (you’ll have to ask her to see that one!) and after I finished reading it to her, I got down on my knee and pulled out the ring, and with a few tears from her and from me, I asked her to marry me. She said yes! Ohhh, she said yes!!!

I couldn’t be any happier right now!

We are planning to get married this summer, so there is a lot to do between now and then. Pray for us! I return to Japan on April 13th, alone… but before long I will be back in North America for our wedding!

God has been so good to me all my life, and now I just thank Him from the bottom of my heart for the great gift He has entrusted to me in Hillary. Wooo-hooo!!!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!
    We are so so surprised at the plan God has done for you.
    We will pray for your future and preparation for your wedding.

    God Bless YOU!!

    Philippines
    Tsuneki & Kyoko

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, I have to call Dorothy about this!
    Yes, I will! I have to!
    Hahaha!!

    Ohhhhhhhhh soooooooo happy for you, bobby!

    Kyoko

    ReplyDelete
  3. by the way....


    don't tell me this is April fool!:p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kyoko! No April Fool's here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww you changed your picture :) it makes me smile knowing how happy you are!
    i love you! (I finally get to say that on your blog now!) :)

    ReplyDelete