Sunday, March 14, 2010

Loving Life

I have so many things to be thankful for… so many things making me smile. I’m long overdue, so I should have plenty of stuff to choose from J

First of all, my brother Randy had his bone marrow transplant and is now out of the hospital. I believe God has protected his life, and I am so thankful.

My mom’s purple crocuses are blooming out front. She said they remind her of her mother and the one lone crocus that escaped from the flower bed and continued to grow long after her mother’s death. It’s neat to see the comfort Mom gets from them. I planted crocuses, tulips, daffodils and some others before I left Japan… I wonder if they are coming up…

I can hardly wait to get back to Japan and go for a ride on my bike… I miss my Honda VTR! J I’m looking forward to visiting Hillary in Canada before I go back though… my first trip to Winnipeg.

Hillary came down here, too, for a visit. We had lots of fun – many many smiles. Hillary is so funny and just a joy to be around… Smiles at Hershey’s Chocolate World on the ride where they show you how they make chocolate, going up the Washington Monument (my first time, even though I grew up here); walking through the Smithsonian Museums. A trip to the zoo and a nice (cool) picnic lunch there… all full of smiles.

The excitement of what the future holds makes me smile, too.

Knowing that the Lord is working in Japan, even when it can be hard to see, brings my heart great joy.

Meeting with so many friends in such a short period of time…

Getting stuff done! J

I am simply loving life!

The Olympics are always great fun. (Man, it’s been a long time since I wrote)…

Memorizing Scripture…

Taking lots of pictures.

God’s beautiful creation! It doesn’t get any better than this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment