Sunday, July 26, 2009

Happy Belated Birthday to Me

Dinner at Jolly Pasta and then Baskin Robbins… happy belated birthday to me!

A few weeks ago I celebrated my 30th birthday… only there wasn’t much celebrating, because I had a nasty one-day stomach virus. Spent a good portion of the day in bed, wishing I could just sleep through until the next morning. My wonderful teammates were planning to take me to dinner, but instead they just left me moaning on my couch and went without me. I’m not bitter.

Seriously though, they sort of caught me off-guard this evening after our worship service when they offered to take me out for a belated birthday dinner. They really are so thoughtful. After some difficulty deciding where to go (I don’t get out much), we finally chose yaki-tori (Japanese chicken)… only to find the restaurant closed on Sunday evening! So we ended up at Jolly Pasta – that’s a treat too. They have good pizza (even though it’s not pizza hut…) and the company wasn’t bad either.

Then we stopped off at Baskin Robbins for ice cream and prayer to end the evening. Last week was jam-packed, and so is this coming week… so it was nice to have a fun, relaxing evening with three great friends tonight. Happy belated birthday to me!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, we only went to McDonald's that day... the only thing you missed out on was me spilling all the drinks!
    I can definitely tell that you've gotten over your bitterness... especially by the way you say that your company "wasn't bad"!
    In all seriousness, I'm glad that you had a good time and that it was a good break for you... it's always good to have an excuse to go to Baskin Robbin's isn't it?! :)
    Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sick on your birthday, wow that stinks. Hope next year you are feeling 100 percent

    ReplyDelete