Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Unexpected Visitor

So I am sitting here on my couch, having just finished dinner, watching the news. The windows are all open, as is the front door - it was pretty hot today, and I don't think the humidity could possibly be any higher. But this afternoon the wind really picked up, and we've had a good, strong breeze ever since... makes the weather bearable. Anyway, that's why the front door is open, to let that blessed breeze make it's way through my home instead of just around it.
So here I am, minding my business and watching the news, when, much to my surprise, there is a cat in the room! First I think it's cute, then I think, "It's not mine!" but it sure is in my house... So I stand up and it heads for the door. It doesn't look like a stray, so I bend down to try to 'make friends' with my new visitor... but then it takes off. A short friendship that was! Wish I had a picture for you...
This visitor is welcome to come back anytime - unlike the spiders and lizards that have been seeking domicile here recently... But I don't think it will - I could hear its bell ring as it ran off... it's already got a home. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment