Friday, July 17, 2009

My New Best Friend...

The other day I was at Nijigaoka for our classes, when a little before dinner the phone rings.
It's the Mayor.

Oh. Hello. Thanks for calling.

Mr. Mayor got right down to business... He was calling Mr. Luethy (who happens to be in America for 6 months) to have him look over a speech that Mr. Mayor would be giving in English to an iternational audience the following day.

Apparently, given Mr. Luethy's absense, just any old foreigner would do.

So, within minutes, Mr. Mayor was at my doorstep, secretary in tow.
A half hour later, we had a pretty good speech, and one very happy Mr. Mayor.

Naturally, I invited him to our BBQ Sunday night...

Ah, gotta run, phone's ringing... maybe it's the governor this time...

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that Mr Mayor got a higher priority for a blog over my 'rainy day laundry' pictures!! :)
    You are making friends left, right and center these days... first a cat, now the mayor! who's next?!

    ReplyDelete